Investigations into possible future venues are still continuing, and, again, the Committee welcome any constructive suggestions.
One place we’re considering is The Adelaide (website) in Park Road, Teddington. We’re going to hold a social chess evening there tomorrow, Tuesday 30 November (Tuesday is the only evening they can offer us), from 7:30 onwards. Do try to look in if you can!
We have another Thames Valley League result to report: Richmond D were narrowly defeated by a strong, but incomplete, Maidenhead B team last Tuesday.
- Alex Shard (1720) 1:0 Paul Janota (1855)
- Richard Sleep (1615) 0:1 Majid Mashayekh (1855)
- Barry Sutton (1600) 0:1 William Castaneda (1728)
- Dan Donohoe (1533) 0:1 Yuri Krylov (-)
- George Dokic (1338) ½:½ Keith Trower (1518)
- Ken Broadley (1075) 1:0 Default
A great win for Alex – well done!
Finally, I’ve recently published some more articles about members of Twickenham Chess Club in the 1880s:
Wallace and Bashley Britten, who had a surname in common, but were not related.
Arthur Sabin and Randulph Lewis Coward, who were related – and Arthur had a very famous son.
I hope you enjoy them!