There was a lot of good news at last week’s AGM. Some quick bullet points:
- After being homeless for 2 months we’re very happy with our new venue at the Adelaide.
- Membership has doubled since lockdown and we’re getting new members of all ages on a regular basis.
- We are able to keep the subscription rates the same for next season: we’re one of the cheapest clubs around as well as having one of the best venues!
- Next season we’ll be re-entering the London League and adding an extra team for less experienced players in the Surrey League so there will be plenty of match play at all levels for those who want it.
- As we’re now attracting a lot of junior members we’re putting safeguarding measures in place which will enable us to consider starting a separate junior section in September.
- We’re pleased to be able to expand our committee, welcoming Mike, Katy and Pablo. All clubs are only as good as their administrators – so the more we have the better!
Further details and a membership form for the new season will be available on the website shortly.