It’s pleasing to report that we concluded the season with two wins.
It’s been a torrid experience for our TVB team in Division 1, but in our last match on Tuesday Hammersmith again chose to field a mostly young and less experienced team against us. I guess we were happy with the points, while they were happy to give some of their talented juniors some Division 1 experience.
Here’s what happened.
- Bajrush Kelmendi (2088) 1:0 Julien Shepley (1943)
- Kai Hanache (1920) 1:0 Andrew Hebron (1958)
- Cian Ward (1707) 0:1 Jon Eckert (1854)
- Anastasija Royce (1525) 0:1 Pablo Soriano (1775)
- Thomas Ewart (-) 0:1 Simon Illsley (1786)
- Alex Royce (1161) 0:1 Victor Bluett (1710)
Well done to all the winners, thanks to all for playing, and especially to Sampson for captaining the team so well over the season.
Our season concluded on Wednesday with a London League match against Mushrooms, which we won 5:3
- Simon WIlks (2195) 0:1 Conor Murphy (2537)
- Ilya Iyengar (2097) 1:0 Iain Gourlay (2353)
- Peter Sullivan (2114) 0:1 Gavin Wall (2311)
- David Wilson (2024) ½:½ Liam Varnam (2188)
- Nick Faulks (1956) 0:1 Caspar Bates (2133)
- Graham Alcock (1825) ½:½ John Bass (1961)
- Richard Nash (1885) 0:1 Sampson Low (1827)
- Hugh Fenwick (1890) 1:0 Maks Gajowniczek (1800)
I note that we won all four games with the white pieces on the even boards, but our odd board players only managed two draws.
Well done again to all the winners, and thanks to Gavin for, as always, doing a great job captaining the team.
I’ll be writing more about the season as a whole over the next week or so.