An excellent week for us, with two impressive Thames Valley League victories, and one that got away in the Surrey League.
First in action were Richmond E, visiting Hounslow C in Division X (friendly/social) of the Thames Valley League on Monday.
Here’s the result.
- Barry Fraser (1459) 0:1 Alex Shard (1739)
- Andrew Cleminson (1267) ½:½ Barry Sutton (1598)
- Steve Hall (-) 0:1 Steve Payne (-)
- Gabriel Beda (-) 0:1 Seb Johnson (-)
Well done everyone!
On Tuesday our TVA team continued their season with a visit to Surbiton A. As so often, we outgraded our opponents heavily on the top two boards, but were slightly outgraded on boards 3-6. Undeterred by this, we managed to finish the evening unbeaten, with Ian (a last minute replacement) and Maks beating their higher rated opponents, and Mike also scoring the full point.
- David Scott (2094) ½:½ Gavin Wall (2311)
- Liam Bayly (1990) 0:1 Mike Healey (2250)
- Paul Dupré (1983) ½:½ Bertie Barlow (1940)
- Angus James (1972) ½:½ Jon Eckert (1895)
- Nick Faulks (1956) 0:1 Ian McLeod (1894)
- Graham Alcock (1825) 0:1 Maks Gajowniczek (1800)
A great result: congratulations to the whole team!
In the Ellery Williams Trophy, a rapidplay league with rating restrictions, we entertained Wimbledon, and a tight match resulted in a 2-2 draw.
- Christos Venetis (-) 0:1 Shahvez Ali (1802)
- Jack Thompson (-) 1:0 Martin Lake (-)
- Steve Payne (-) 1:0 Omar Selim (-)
- Mike Robinson-Chui (1266) 0:1 Shahyan Ali (1470)
Excellent wins there from Jack, our player of the season so far, and Steve, for the second time in two days.